Grab and Go Granola Bars
On the go? Well grab and go with this Betsy’s Best homemade all-natural granola bar recipe! Wholesome oats coated with Betsy’s Best, honey, and nuts makes a simple snack a powerful healthy snack.
- ½ cup Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut, Almond or Seed Butter
- ¼ cup honey (or agave nectar/coconut nectar)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg (or 2 egg whites)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp chia seed
- 1 ½ cup brown rice cereal (or rice crispies)
- 1 ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup dried fruit such as cherries, raisins, cranraisins or goldenberries
Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat Betsy’s Best, honey, sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla in a large bowl. Combine chia seeds, cereal, oats and salt in a separate bowl. Add to liquid mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, walnuts and dried fruits. Transfer to a 13x9 pan and firmly press mixture with back of spatula or wax paper in baking pan. Bake 15-17 minutes. Yields: 22 bars.
Make a batch of our homemade granola bars and freeze in individual baggies for treats that will last weeks!