A Gluten-Free Birthday Party in a Jar
- 1 box all natural gluten-free chocolate cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut, Almond or Seed Butter
Preheat oven according to box directions. Combine all ingredients together in a bowl to form batter. Spray cupcake tin with non-stick spray and spoon batter into each cupcake mold until ¾ full. Bake according to box directions. Make filling recipe while cupcakes bake. Cool finished cupcakes on wire rack.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and quartered
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup raw honey (or agave nectar)
- ¼ cup almond milk (or other milk substitute)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh mint leaves or berries for garnish (optional)
Blend all ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth.
To make the jar cupcakes:
When cake cools take your glass jar and place one cupcake on the bottom of each jar. Layer on top of the filling with another layer of cupcake. Finish with the filling layer. Garnish with a mint leaf or berries.
Feel good eating this birthday treat knowing you enjoyed the festivities while eating fruits and vegetables in your birthday bash!