Caramel Apple Crockpot Steel-Cut Oats
The only thing better than the smell of slow-cooked caramel apples is how they taste! Especially when steel-cut oats and Betsy’s Best Gourmet Almond butter are key ingredients.
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cut into ½-inch cubes (2½-3 cups chopped)
- 1 cup uncooked steel-cut oats
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk (or any milk/non-milk substitute)
- 1½ cups water
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar (or maple syrup/another non-calorie sweetener)
- ½ Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed (or chia seed)
- 2 Tbsp Betsy’s Best Gourmet Almond Butter (or substitute with Betsy's Best Peanut or Seed Butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1½ Tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- Additional toppings (optional): chopped nuts, raisins, maple syrup, milk, butter
Coat the inside of a 3½-quart crockpot with cooking spray (recipe can be doubled for 6-quart or larger crockpot: increase cooking time by 1 hour). Add all ingredients except toppings to crockpot. Stir, cover and cook on low for approximately 7 hours. Spoon oatmeal into bowls. Sprinkle with additional toppings and serve.
Refrigerate leftovers. Freezes well.
Combine 1 cup oatmeal with 1/3 cup fat-free milk (or any milk) in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 1 minute. Stir. Cook another minute, or until hot.
Your house is sure to smell delicious with this fragrant crockpot steel-cut oats recipe!