Banana and Oatmeal Peanut Butter Pancakes - Dairy-Free & Gluten-Free
Healthy AND tasty pancakes? You bet! This delicious chocolate sprinkled Betsy’s Best banana and oats peanut butter pancake will make you jump for joy. Not big on chocolate for breakfast? Use berries for a delicious twist.
- 1 very ripe medium banana
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 flax seed egg substitute (1 tbsp. flax seed meal + 2.5 tbsp. water)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut, Almond or Seed Butter
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. almond milk (or other milk substitute)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (or gluten-free oats), ground
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour (or sub other flour)
- 3 tbsp. semisweet chocolate chips (non-dairy for vegan) or blueberries
Preheat a skillet to medium heat or about 300-325°F. Prepare flax egg by mixing flaxseed meal and water and letting set for 3-5 minutes. Mash your very ripe banana with baking powder. Add flax egg, oil, salt, vanilla, Betsy’s Best, almond milk and stir. Stir in oats and flour until just combined. Sprinkle in chocolate chips and fold gently. Scoop scant 1/4 cup measurements onto lightly greased griddle. Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side – until golden brown. Serve plain or with a small drizzle of maple syrup and a few additional chocolate chips for melting.
* Should yield 5-6 small pancakes.
* Make gluten-free by using gluten-free oats and flour.
* Adding 1 tbsp. of honey, maple syrup, sugar or agave nectar is optional for extra sweetening, but I didn't find it necessary.
* Reheats great the following day in the microwave.
This gluten-free pancake recipe is so good you can skip the syrup!