Pumpkin Peanut Curry Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 apple, cored and cubed
- 3 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbsp Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut Butter
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender but not brown (about 5 minutes). Add garlic, apple and curry paste. Cook until the curry paste is very fragrant, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes. Increase to high heat. Add stock and water. Once the liquid boils, reduce heat to medium-low, and partially cover the pan. Let soup cook until apple is very tender, about 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in pumpkin and Betsy’s Best. Working in batches, transfer the soup into a blender and puree until smooth, about 1 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley. Yields 4 servings.
Betsy's creamy pumpkin peanut butter curry soup has a special flavor, making it a unique dish that your family will love.