CocoNut Curried Chicken
Go coco for this CocoNut Curried Chicken recipe. This is a recipe loaded with satisfying, all-natural ingredients, including your favorite Betsy's Best Gourmet Nut or Seed Butter.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thick
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh garlic, chopped
- ½ cup Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut, Almond or Seed Butter
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 2 Tbsp raw sugar
- 1 tsp red Thai curry paste
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium chicken broth
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp peanut oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 cup unsweetened lite coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped (more for garnish if desired)
In food processor or immersion blender combine ginger, garlic, Betsy’s Best, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, curry paste and broth.
Heat oil in large frying pan. Season chicken with black pepper. Add chicken to pan and sauté over medium heat about until golden brown and cooked through (about 4 minutes on first side and 2-3 minutes on second). Do not overcook; chicken should barely feel firm to the touch when done.
Move chicken to plate and cover with foil. Reduce heat to low. Add coconut milk. Stir in peanut/curry/ginger paste mixture and heat through, about 2-3 minutes. Pour any juices that have accumulated on the chicken plate and cook another 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat and mix in cilantro. Pour the sauce immediately over chicken and garnish with cilantro.
Set the table, sit down and enjoy this CocoNut Curried Chicken recipe.