Thai Chicken Pizza
Dig into this healthy Thai Chicken Pizza recipe with a feisty kick! The sweet cinnamon in Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut Butter compliments the chili sauce’s heat, delivering the perfect flavor in every slice. As a bonus, this recipe’s pizza sauce doubles as a delicious marinade for chicken, seafood and even salad dressing!
- 1 Tbsp corn meal (or flour)
- 20 oz. package pre-made whole-wheat pizza dough
- ½ cup Betsy's Best Gourmet Peanut Butter (or substitute with Betsy's Best Almond or Seed Butter)
- ½ cup Hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp Vietnamese chili sauce (or dried chili flakes)
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp cilantro
Move oven rack to lowest position. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Sprinkle with corn meal. On a lightly-floured surface, roll pizza dough into a roughly 16-inch circle. Transfer to baking sheet. Bake on bottom rack 8-10 minutes, until puffed and slightly crisped on the bottom. Be careful not to over bake.
While dough bakes, combine all pizza sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
For chicken, heat oil in a medium-size, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 5-6 minutes, stirring until cooked through. Transfer to a medium bowl. Coat chicken with ¼ cup of pizza sauce. Set aside in refrigerator.
We hope you enjoy our Thai Chicken Pizza recipe as much as we do!