Sassy Salad with Peanut Sauce
A healthy salad with a kick! The peanut sauce is truly unique thanks to Betsy's Best Gourmet Peanut Butter. Serve with chicken or salmon for some extra protein or to make it a full meal.
- 1 package/container lettuce of choice
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp chopped nuts of choice
- ½ cup red sweet pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut, Almond or Seed Butter
- 3 Tbsp water
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free soy sauce (or tamari sauce)
- 1 Tbsp sugar (or honey)
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Sriracha chili sauce
Add lettuce to large salad bowl. Add carrots, nuts and peppers to salad and toss to combine. Set aside.
In a bowl, whisk together Betsy’s Best and water. Add remaining wet ingredients and whisk well. Add sugar, ginger and Sriracha until incorporated. Sauce consistency should be not too thick or too runny. Pour peanut sauce over entire salad and toss to distribute evenly. Serve immediately.
Add some fun to your salad rotation with this sassy salad and penny sauce recipe.