Chicken Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
There is nothing “stuffy” about this recipe. Reinvent the traditional chicken salad and give it a kick with your favorite Betsy’s Best Gourmet Nut or Seed Butter. Stuffed in a juicy tomato keeps it not only healthy but a beautiful presentation to a traditional dish.
- 6 oz. chicken, shredded (or chopped hard-boiled eggs, tuna, tofu or walnuts)
- ¾ cup boiled or canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut, Almond or Seed Butter
- 2-3 Tbsp honey mustard
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne or chipotle chili pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3-5 small tomatoes (or head of lettuce/loaf whole-wheat bread)
Mix all ingredients except tomatoes in a large bowl. Spoon into airtight container and put in refrigerator. Cut a small circle in top of tomato and remove. Scoop out inside of tomato and discard. Stuff tomato with refrigerated filling. Repeat to stuff other tomatoes.
Can also be served over a bed of lettuce or as a sandwich on whole-wheat bread.
The chicken salad recipe is also great in a lettuce wrap or placed on top of sliced cucumbers!