Homemade Gluten-Free Waffles
- 1½ cup gluten-free flour (start with ½ cup, use no more than 2 cups)
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 cups buttermilk (or choice of milk with a drop of lemon juice to sour)
- 1 cup sour cream (or sweet cream/plain yogurt)
- ¼ cup melted butter (or coconut oil/shortening)
- 1 Tbsp Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut, Almond or Seed Butter
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Set aside. Mix together egg, sugar, buttermilk and sour cream in medium bowl and stir in butter. Pour liquid ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients and blend together. Batter should be light and creamy. If batter is too thick, add additional milk to thin. Let stand for 2-3 minutes. Pour batter into waffle iron and cook according to directions. Garnish with Betsy’s Best.
Your mouth will water in anticipation as you prepare this tasty gluten-free waffle recipe.