A healthy salad with a kick! The peanut sauce is truly unique thanks to Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut Butter. Serve with chicken or salmon for some extra protein or to make it a full meal.
- 1 package/container lettuce of choice
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp chopped nuts of choice
- ½ cup red sweet pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut, Almond or Seed Butter
- 3 Tbsp water
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free soy sauce (or tamari sauce)
- 1 Tbsp sugar (or honey)
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Sriracha chili sauce
Add lettuce to large salad bowl. Add carrots, nuts and peppers to salad and toss to combine. Set aside.
In a bowl, whisk together Betsy’s Best and water. Add remaining wet ingredients and whisk well. Add sugar, ginger and Sriracha until incorporated. Sauce consistency should be not too thick or too runny. Pour peanut sauce over entire salad and toss to distribute evenly. Serve immediately.
Add some fun to your salad rotation with this sassy salad and penny sauce recipe.
Brussel sprouts are the comeback veggie of the century! That’s right! Every chef is placing these once forgotten sprouts on their menu. Now you can enjoy them at home with Betsy’s delicious Brussel Sprout Chopped Salad recipe. After tasting this salad you’ll ask “Why does this recipe taste so good?” Well, it is no longer a secret. A Betsy’s Best Gourmet Nut Butter takes this recipe over the top! Brussels Sprout Chopped Salad Ingredients
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts, shredded
- ⅓ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup dried or fresh cranberries
- 1-2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Betsy’s Best Cashew Cardamom Butter
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, more if needed
Recipe Instructions Chop the eggs into tiny pieces. Place in a small bowl and set aside. Make the dressing by placing apple cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, Betsy’s Best, salt and pepper in a jar and stirring with a fork to combine. Add the olive oil to the jar, cover tightly and shake the jar until everything is well combined. (You could also do this in a blender or in a bowl.) Add the toasted walnuts, cranberries and half of the chopped eggs to the Brussels sprouts and drizzle with the dressing. Gently toss until combined. Let the salad sit at room temperature until the sprouts slightly soften and the flavors combine, about 15 minutes.Toss the salad again to redistribute the dressing. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Transfer to a serving dish, top with the remaining eggs and crumbled goat cheese.