Peanutty is spot on when it comes to describing this asian lettuce wrap recipe, thanks to the rich flavor provided by Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut Butter. Made using delicious all-natural ingredients this recipe will keep the whole family healthy and happy.
- 1 ½ lb. lean ground turkey (or 2 cups walnuts, ground)
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger root, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 oz.) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup fresh snow peas, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-sodium gluten-free Teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup gluten-free Hoisin sauce
- 3 Tbsp Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut Butter, (or substitute with Betsy’s Best Almond or Seed Butter)
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 12 bib lettuce leaves
In large skillet, cook turkey and carrot over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and carrot is tender. Drain. Add ginger and garlic. Cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chestnuts, onions, snow peas, Teriyaki, Hoisin, Betsy’s Best, vinegar and oil. Heat through. Divide mixture among lettuce leaves.
Add walnuts to food processor and process on low until ground. Remove and place in large bowl. Add shredded carrots, ginger, garlic, chestnuts, onions and snow peas. Process on low to form chunks. Remove and combine with walnuts in bowl. Add Teriyaki, Hoisin, Betsy’s Best, vinegar and oil to blender and process until blended. Pour liquid into nut mixture and stir. Divide among lettuce leaves.
You’ll go nuts over these peanut Asian lettuce wraps.