The closest thing to a cookie recipe that is loaded with gluten and sugar, this recipe is simply the best gluten free cookie dough that we have ever tasted! Go ahead and mix it up, I bet you will have trouble not eating it all before sharing with friends.
- ½ cup unsalted raw cashews
- ½ cup regular rolled oats (or gluten-free oats)
- ¼ cup brown teff flour (or gluten-free flour)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp organic cane sugar (or another sugar substitute)
- 3 Tbsp Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut, Almond or Seed Butter
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup (or honey)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- ¼ diced peanuts (or almond pieces)
- ¼ cup gluten-free rice crisp cereal
In a food processor, process cashews and oats until reaching fine, flour-like consistency. Add flour, salt and sugar. Pulse until combined. Add Betsy’s Best and vanilla and combine. Add maple syrup gradually until desired consistency is reached. Process until dough forms, scraping sides of the bowl as necessary. Dough will be very sticky! If too sticky to form into balls, add a little flour. Add chocolate chips and peanuts into processor and pulse. Scoop dough into a bowl and stir in rice crisp cereal. Form balls with the dough. Store in the fridge or freezer.
These cookie dough balls are great in the freezer to eat later (so you can practice portion control)!