Think sweet potatoes are just for dinner? This moist sweet potato and almond butter muffin gives breakfast a new twist. Topped with Betsy’s Best makes the muffin complete.
- ¾ cup sweet potato puree
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg (or flax egg substitute: 1 Tbsp flax meal + 2 ½ Tbsp water)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- ½ cup oat flour, ground from rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup Betsy’s Best Gourmet Almond Butter with Cinnamon
- Paper cupcake liners
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners. In large bowl, mix puree, brown sugar, oil and vanilla. Add egg. Slowly add milk and stir until just incorporated. In another bowl, combine flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir just until combined. Spoon batter into muffin tins, almost to the top. Spoon 1 tsp Betsy’s Best on the center of each muffin. For mini muffins, bake 15-18 minutes. For regular-sized muffins, bake a few minutes longer.
We love to make the mini muffin version, but if you do the larger sweet potato and almond muffins be sure to put the dollop of Betsy’s Best Gourmet Almond Butter deep inside the batter in the muffin cup for a Betsy’s Best surprise when you bite inside.