Gluten free goes glamorous! Sprouted buckwheat adds more nutrition to this tasty snack while hemp and chia seeds add more protein and fiber. Fuel up and feel good with a granola blend that will keep you thin and satisfied.
- 1 cup buckwheat, soaked overnight, drained then sprouted
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut, Almond or Seed Butter
- 1/2 cup your favorite nut
- 1/2 cup your favorite dried fruit
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional) added after baking
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and toss until coated. Use a parchment or wax paper over a cookie sheet and evenly spread the granola mixture. Bake for 10 min. Taking a spoon, toss the granola mixture to evenly bake. Return to oven and bake another 5 minutes. Be careful to not burn the mixture. Cool the mixture. Sprinkle chocolate chips over granola and store in an airtight container, or freeze if not consuming it within the week.
Change it up and add some cocoa powder for a healthy chocolate flavored sprouted buckwheat granola indulgence.