Food Integrity is very important to Betsy, a registered Dietitian and the creator of Betsy’s Best Gourmet Nut and Seed Butters. Here is a message from Betsy:
Ever since I whipped out my Vitamix to blend together the perfect peanut butter with a sweet and salty perfection for my daughter, sourcing the highest quality ingredients has always been top priority. If it is good enough for my family, it is good enough for yours!
Why Food Integrity Is Important To Betsy
As a registered dietitian I have a different outlook on the food industry. I don’t look at profits and margins on how much my products can make. I look at functional food ingredients that will nourish the body, flavors that will fascinate the taste buds and foster a feeling of connection with food that is good for you. I take pride in sourcing the highest quality ingredients knowing that although they may be more expensive, they are also better for you. I may make the Rolls Royce of nut and seed butters but I try hard to make them affordable for everyone. It is hard competing in the food industry where every cent matters and food companies do all they can to increase profits, even if that means compromising on quality and sourcing lower integrity ingredients. That is why I saw an opportunity to grow a business on standards, quality and pride. I want my butters to be different from the rest. I want the taste to be outstanding, I want the experience to be one to remember and I want to go to bed at night knowing that what I am providing you is the BEST I can offer. After all, I am BETSY and this is my BEST!
I am highlighting some of our top quality super-star ingredients that make my butters stellar.
- We source the third most expensive spice in the world, cardamom, to grace our Gourmet Cashew Butter with Cardamom. Not only is this spice rich in flavor but rich in nutrients that can reduce inflammation and help with stomach issues.
- We source not just cinnamon, but Korintji cinnamon for our Gourmet Peanut Butter, Gourmet Almond Butter, and Gourmet Seed Butter because this type of cinnamon has a richer flavor and more robust nutrients.
- We select the highest quality Brazilian nuts to blend our Gourmet Toasted Coconut Cashew Butter and our Gourmet Cashew Butter with Cardamom for the creamiest and most flavorful cashew butter you will ever taste.
- Every single one of my butters is carefully crafted with chia seeds, the world’s most functional super seed and the star ingredient for our crazy crunchy texture.
- We source an outstanding organic honey that comes from the buzzing bees from the US, not from countries like China where many of the honeys that are used commercially come from.
- Our amazing almonds, that are hands down the best tasting, are sourced in beautiful California by our own US farmers. Our sunny sunflower seeds come from North Dakota, and our US peanuts from farms extending from Arizona to Virginia.
- I choose to use a pink Himalayan salt for that savory flavor rather than traditional table salt, that is not only processed but lacking the minerals my pink salt contain.
I may be picky with the ingredients I use, but it is only because I want the highest quality for you. If I am not my BEST when crafting my delicious Gourmet Nut & Seed Butters, then I can’t call my company Betsy’s Best. I want all of my fans to know I have your back and I won’t disappoint when I promise to keep quality in mind and will never compromise taste or health. I may have to borrow that pizza slogan and put a slight twist on it, “Best taste with Best Ingredients!”
Yours in Health,