Put a pep in your step this spring and increase your cardio to get lean! Studies show that as little as 2.5 hours of cardio exercise a week is enough to help aid in weight management and decrease risks of heart disease. Exercise should never be a bore nor a chore, and finding the right exercise to fit your needs is key. Sometimes exercise drops to the bottom of the priority list for people with a busy schedule. Realizing that exercise doesn’t have to necessarily be done all at the same time is helpful for those with a crammed schedule. If you have the time to take 4 min of your day to brush your teeth for preventative health, then you have 30 min a day to take time to prevent the decay of your body. These 5 tips below won’t take more then 10 min at a time and can easily be accumulated throughout the day to achieve your 30 min goal. Give them a try and spring into a new fitness routine!
5 tips on how to squeeze in 10 min of cardio
- Do a 2 min interval on the treadmill 5 times during your weight training session.
- When shopping at Costco, Sam’s Club, or Walmart, do an extra lap around the store, making sure not to stop and shop…or eat the samples!
- Got stairs? Got exercise. Make a point to do stair intervals—spend 5 minutes 2-5 times/day going up and down the stairs. Watch your heart rate climb!
- Do jumping jacks or walk in place during the 2 min commercials of a TV program
- After each meal take a 10 min stroll or bike ride around the block. Walk the dog, walk your spouse, or just walk yourself. The most important thing is to move after you eat!