Brussel sprouts are the comeback veggie of the century! That’s right! Every chef is placing these once forgotten sprouts on their menu. Now you can enjoy them at home with Betsy’s delicious Brussel Sprout Chopped Salad recipe.
After tasting this salad you’ll ask “Why does this recipe taste so good?” Well, it is no longer a secret. A Betsy’s Best Gourmet Nut Butter takes this recipe over the top!
Brussels Sprout Chopped Salad Ingredients
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts, shredded
- ⅓ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup dried or fresh cranberries
- 1-2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Betsy’s Best Cashew Cardamom Butter
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, more if needed
Chop the eggs into tiny pieces. Place in a small bowl and set aside.
Make the dressing by placing apple cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, Betsy’s Best, salt and pepper in a jar and stirring with a fork to combine. Add the olive oil to the jar, cover tightly and shake the jar until everything is well combined. (You could also do this in a blender or in a bowl.)
Add the toasted walnuts, cranberries and half of the chopped eggs to the Brussels sprouts and drizzle with the dressing. Gently toss until combined. Let the salad sit at room temperature until the sprouts slightly soften and the flavors combine, about 15 minutes.Toss the salad again to redistribute the dressing. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Transfer to a serving dish, top with the remaining eggs and crumbled goat cheese.