A healthy salad with a kick! The peanut sauce is truly unique thanks to Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut Butter. Serve with chicken or salmon for some extra protein or to make it a full meal.
- 1 package/container lettuce of choice
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp chopped nuts of choice
- ½ cup red sweet pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut, Almond or Seed Butter
- 3 Tbsp water
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free soy sauce (or tamari sauce)
- 1 Tbsp sugar (or honey)
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Sriracha chili sauce
Add lettuce to large salad bowl. Add carrots, nuts and peppers to salad and toss to combine. Set aside.
In a bowl, whisk together Betsy’s Best and water. Add remaining wet ingredients and whisk well. Add sugar, ginger and Sriracha until incorporated. Sauce consistency should be not too thick or too runny. Pour peanut sauce over entire salad and toss to distribute evenly. Serve immediately.
Add some fun to your salad rotation with this sassy salad and penny sauce recipe.
Peanutty is spot on when it comes to describing this asian lettuce wrap recipe, thanks to the rich flavor provided by Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut Butter. Made using delicious all-natural ingredients this recipe will keep the whole family healthy and happy.
- 1 ½ lb. lean ground turkey (or 2 cups walnuts, ground)
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger root, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 oz.) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup fresh snow peas, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-sodium gluten-free Teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup gluten-free Hoisin sauce
- 3 Tbsp Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut Butter, (or substitute with Betsy’s Best Almond or Seed Butter)
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 12 bib lettuce leaves
In large skillet, cook turkey and carrot over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and carrot is tender. Drain. Add ginger and garlic. Cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chestnuts, onions, snow peas, Teriyaki, Hoisin, Betsy’s Best, vinegar and oil. Heat through. Divide mixture among lettuce leaves.
Add walnuts to food processor and process on low until ground. Remove and place in large bowl. Add shredded carrots, ginger, garlic, chestnuts, onions and snow peas. Process on low to form chunks. Remove and combine with walnuts in bowl. Add Teriyaki, Hoisin, Betsy’s Best, vinegar and oil to blender and process until blended. Pour liquid into nut mixture and stir. Divide among lettuce leaves.
You’ll go nuts over these peanut Asian lettuce wraps.
If your looking for your favorite new chicken salad recipe, you can stop your search right here. Combining zesty and Betsy’s Best Gourmet Almond Butter just works in this delicious recipe. Great for lunch or dinner this chicken salad satisfies your appetite and your tastebuds, while keeping it healthy.
- ¾ cup chicken, shredded
- ¾ cup boiled or canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup Greek plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Betsy’s Best Gourmet Almond Butter (can substitute with Betsy’s Best Peanut or Seed Butter)
- 2-3 Tbsp honey mustard
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne (or chipotle Chile pepper)
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 loaf of bread of choice (or head of lettuce for lettuce cups)
Mix all ingredients together and store in refrigerator in airtight container. Spread between two toasted slices of bread or place salad spread in a lettuce cup and fold like a burrito.
Prepare and serve this zesty almond butter chicken salad recipe at your next luncheon. It sure to please the healthiest appetites.