Give your traditional stir-fry recipe the boot and try this unique blend of Betsy’s Best with veggies and shrimp. This dish will be sure to be a hit with the unique flavors and beautiful presentation.
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- ½ Tbsp fresh garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut, Almond or Seed Butter
- 1/8 cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 Tbsp raw sugar
- ½ tsp red Thai curry paste
- 1½ Tbsp low-sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil (or coconut oil)
- ½ cup unsweetened lite coconut milk
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ bunch of cilantro, chopped for garnish (optional)
Finely mince ginger and garlic. In a food processor or immersion blender canister, combine ginger, garlic, Betsy’s Best, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, curry paste, broth and pepper.
Add oil to skillet and cook shrimp until pink. Remove and cover with foil to keep warm.
Reduce heat to low and add coconut milk. Stir in peanut/curry/ginger mixture and heat through, about 2-3 minutes.
Wrap it up in a tortilla or serve this delicious stir-fry recipe on a dish. This recipe can also be made with fish or chicken for a different twist!